Financing is no longer an obstacle in completing commercial building upgrades! C-PACE is a unique financing model that allows commercial and multi-family property owners to finance energy efficiency and renewable energy projects with no upfront costs. Thanks to recent state legislation, C-PACE is now available for properties in Illinois.
SEDAC provides services to local governments with C-PACE programs and to the commercial property owners who participate in them.
What is C-PACE?
C-PACE (Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy) allows commercial and multi-family building owners to obtain long-term fixed-rate financing for projects that enhance building energy efficiency, sustainability, or renewable energy. A beneficial assessment is attached to the building, and owners repay the project loans through their property tax bills.
Where is C-PACE available?
Currently, C-PACE is only available in the following municipalities. Contact your local C-PACE program to participate.
- DuPAGE County COOL PACE Program
- Kane County C-PACE Program
- Chicago C-PACE
- Village of Rosemont
- City of Fairview Heights
- City of Beardstown
We hosted a webinar on November 14 for attendees to learn about qualifying projects and how to participate in the Illinois C-PACE program. View the webinar recording here! Featured webinar speakers included:
- Todd Rusk, Director, SEDAC
- Brad Fletcher, Vice President, Illinois Finance Authority
- Christopher Kane, Executive Director of Business Development and Origination, Hannon Armstrong Sustainable Real Estate
- Paul Ellis, Director of Economic Development, Fairview Heights, IL