Take Advantage of Funding Opportunities!
Does your organization want to engage more in workforce development or energy efficiency, but you lack the funds to do so? The Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program is partnering with the Smart Energy Design Assistance Center (SEDAC) to offer grant writing services for MDI Community Partners. Community-based organizations, Community Action Agencies, and Public Housing Authorities who work with the Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Program are eligible to apply for this no-cost service.
We know grant applications take time and resources. The goal of this project is to lighten the load for our partner network while helping you to pursue new opportunities that would benefit your organization and your clients.
Are you interested in grant writing services?
Here are the steps to get started:
- Identify a funding opportunity you would like to apply for or a project you are interested in receiving funding for. If you are not sure where to start, browse our list of grant opportunities (click on the yellow text bar).
- Fill out this interest form to give us a general sense of your interests and need for services.
- SEDAC will schedule an initial phone consultation to talk about your needs.
- If we decide to proceed, we will work with you to help you research, write, review, and submit the grant.
What kind of funding is eligible?
Grant opportunities are available from a wide range of federal, state, regional, corporate, or foundation entities. To be eligible for this project, the funding opportunity must align with one or more of Ameren Illinois Energy Efficiency Market Development Initiative goals:
- To engage customers who have not previously benefited from energy efficiency programs (or other programs to improve the health, comfort, safety, and resilience of buildings)
- To increase the number of energy efficiency jobs available to local and diverse candidates
- To support new or growing energy efficiency businesses.
Once we decide to move forward, we'll match you with a grant writer who has the skills and experience to assist you with your proposal. Here's our process.
- Assess: First, we'll look over any existing grant materials, the application and timeline to develop a detailed project plan with tasks and internal deadlines.
- Research: Next, we'll work to fill any gaps in existing grant materials, doing additional research as needed.
- Write: Working closely with your team, we will assist with writing the grant application to fit the requirements.
- Review: We will review and finalize the grant, making sure it is accurate and responsive to the funder requirements.
- Submit: You will submit the proposal.
- Follow-up: We will follow up at a determined date to find out if your project was funded, for reporting purposes.