Cassie Carroll, SEDAC's Marketing and Outreach Program Manager, is motivated by a desire to conserve and protect our earth's finite and precious resources.
"Everyone has an opportunity to be more efficient and conscious of what they use and how they use it. Every little change helps reduce our overall impact on the earth."
As she directs SEDAC's outreach, marketing, and client recruitment efforts, Cassie helps customers move towards a more energy efficient future. A popular workshop speaker and marketing strategist, she has a knack for engaging with customers to help them overcome barriers to energy efficiency.
"I love helping customers across Illinois engage with energy efficiency, uncover opportunities, and eventually realize their energy goals."
A natural community builder
Cassie's work at SEDAC is a small part of her larger involvement in sustainability efforts in the community and throughout the state, which include:
- Founding the Illinois Green Business Association, a nonprofit that helps businesses be more sustainable
- Supporting sustainable agriculture and local food systems through grant writing, farmer training programs, and a local farmer's market
- Leading the Green Business Engagement Network (GBENN), a consortium of green business programs across the US
- Organizing service opportunities and youth programming as the Champaign West Rotary RYLA and Interact Chair
- Serving as the Chair of the University YMCA Board of Governors
- Bringing nonprofits from across the country to Illinois music festivals to amplify their missions and promote their causes
Outside the office
Cassie enjoys yoga, meditation, and canning the produce she grows in her backyard.