Low/No Cost Measures
No-Cost Energy Reduction Measures
- Adjust thermostats and controls when space is unoccupied.
- Turn off lights when rooms are not occupied.
- Take advantage of winter daylight by leaving window blinds open.
- Disconnect unnecessary or unused equipment.
Low-Cost Energy Reduction Measures
- Install programmable thermostats.
- Install occupancy sensors in conference rooms or other areas not continuously occupied.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with more efficient LED or compact fluorescent lamps.
- Install awnings, window shades, or window films to keep out the summer sun and lower air-conditioning costs.
- Purchase ENERGY STAR® office equipment that you can take with you if you move to another location.
- Caulk and weather-strip windows and doors.
- Fix leaky faucets and toilets to conserve water.